There is nothing more important to a parent than their child, which is why after a divorce, both spouses often seek child custody or parenting time with their child. Please continue reading about how to establish a healthy parenting time plan, and how our experienced California family law attorneys can help you do it. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I consider when creating a parenting time schedule?
There are various factors that each parent should take into consideration when deciding on their parenting time or custody schedule. Of course, it is not always possible to work these matters out with your spouse, however, if you can both reach an agreement that works to the best interests of your child, this is oftentimes the best way to go. Some of the factors you and your spouse should consider are as follows:
- Are you and your spouse going to share both physical and legal custody?
- Are your child’s basic needs being met?
- How will you handle your child’s medical care?
- Does your parenting time plan work to serve your child’s best interests?
- Have you considered who will have custody of your child on certain holidays?
- Are you being flexible with one another?
- Are you regularly communicating with one another, and have you asked your child how he or she feels about your agreement?
- Are you honest about how much raising your child costs, and how much you both spend on your child?
- Does your parenting time plan revolve around your child’s schedule and not yours?
- Is your parenting time plan consistent, and does it provide your child with a sense of stability?
Can an attorney help me and my spouse create a parenting time plan?
Oftentimes, it is not easy to simply work solely with your spouse when it comes to matters as sensitive and personal as child custody. Fortunately, our firm has helped countless couples create plans that work for everyone, and we can do the same for you. Some of the ways in which our firm can help you are as follows:
- We can help mediate interactions between you and your spouse so that you do not expose your child to fighting or other argumentative behavior that may negatively impact him or her.
- We can drastically decrease the number of unnecessary court appearances over child-related issues, thereby expediting the process and allowing you, your former spouse, and your child to move on with your lives.
- We can ensure that everyone complies with court orders regarding your parenting plan in such a way that positively affects your children.
- We can help you and your spouse make certain critical decisions that address your child’s needs.
Contact our experienced Los Angeles firm
Divorce and family law issues are notoriously complicated and personal, which is why you must hire an attorney with years of experience, as well as the compassion and skill needed to handle these sensitive matters. For the qualified, dedicated legal representation you and your family deserve and need, contact Zitser Family Law Group, APC today.