Parenting Time Attorneys in Los Angeles CA
Couples that get divorced face additional challenges when they have children together. When it comes to determining parenting time, it is critical to have a skilled lawyer who understands parenting coordination on your side. This can make all the difference for you and your family. At Zitser Family Law Group, APC, our family law attorneys have over 20 years of experience helping parents across Los Angeles navigate the complexities of custody and parenting time. Contact our office today to learn if parenting coordination is right for you and your family.
Factors to Consider When Creating a Parenting Plan
The state of California refers to parenting plans as custody or visitation agreements. The parents will work together to determine when each parent will spend time with the children and how decisions will be made regarding their daily lives. A written parenting plan is important because it makes co-parenting much easier after a divorce. Some of the many factors that should be taken into consideration when it comes time to draft your parenting plan include the following:
- Ensuring that your children’s basic needs are being met
- How will the child’s medical needs be met daily and in the event of an emergency?
- Try to mold the parenting plan around your children, not the other way around
- Try to maintain some sort of consistency in your child’s life so they can feel that their routine is reliable
- Determine how holidays, vacation time, birthdays, weekends, and other special occasions will be handled
- Remember to remain flexible throughout the process of determining parenting time, as difficult as this might be
- Ensure regular communication regarding schedules
- Openly communicate about transportation and any associated costs
- Be sure to consider both physical and legal custody throughout the planning period
Legal Help During the Planning Process
The experienced legal team at Zitser Family Law Group, APC. can help you establish a parenting coordination agreement that works best for your family’s needs. Although the underlying principle of parenting coordination is an unwavering focus on the children’s best interests, we always keep sight of the fact that your relationship with your children will be lifelong and your children’s memories throughout these moments will shape them for a lifetime.
At Zitser Family Law Group, APC, we can use parenting coordination to help you:
- Construct a parenting plan that’s workable for everyone involved
- Comply with court orders and parenting plans in a way that is healthy for the children
- Make timely decisions that address the children’s needs
- Reduce the amount of damaging conflict between other adults to whom the children are exposed
- Diminish the pattern of unnecessary court appearances over child-related issues
Contact an Experienced Parenting Coordinator
The parenting time coordination process will differ from case to case depending on factors that include court orders and instructions, level of attorney engagement, and parental cooperation. Our firm can work with both parents to find a process and parenting time plan that works best for your family. If you are considering parenting coordination, contact Zitser Family Law Group, APC today to set up an appointment for a consultation.